See the topics and presenters for this year’s GIFT Workshop on our GIFT 2014 page.
Teachers, you may now register to attend GIFT 2014! The two-day workshop at Fall Meeting will take place in the Franciscan Ballroom at the Westin Hotel on Market St. on Monday the 15th and Tuesday the 16th of December, from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM each day. In order to register for the Fall Meeting and GIFT workshop at no cost as a K-12 educator:
- Go to the AGU Fall Meeting 2014 registration page
- Enter your AGU member information, or create a new account and profile if you are not a member. Note: You do not have to join AGU to register for the meeting for free as an educator. The account you create as a non-member is for Fall Meeting registration and information only. If you wish to join AGU, please do so as a regular member so that you can see the educator options.
- Update and confirm your profile, then select Register and/or Book a Hotel Reservation.
- Select your Registration Type as K-12 Teacher/Informal Educator, either for the full meeting or for one day only.
- Select your “teacher type”, and upload a document of your teacher credentials, e.g. a scanned image of your school I.D. or a letter from your principal confirming your status as an educator. Where asked if you would like to register for the GIFT workshop, select “yes” and proceed with the rest of the registration process.
- You should see a message notifying you that your registration is pending at the end of the registration process. Once your credentials are approved you will receive an email confirming that you are registered for the Fall Meeting and GIFT workshop.
If you are having problems registering for GIFT as an educator, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
About the GIFT Workshop
Geophysical Information for Teachers (GIFT) Workshops allow science teachers to hear about the latest geoscience research from the scientists making the discoveries, explore new classroom resources for their students, and visit exhibits and technical sessions of the AGU meeting for free. AGU collaborates with the National Earth Science Teachers’ Association (NESTA) to run GIFT workshops at Fall Meeting. The materials from GIFT 2013 are now available. These include presentations, classroom activities, and other resources. New LEARN videos, which depict the hands-on activities from the workshop, are also available.
Dr. Michael Wysession, a writing team leader for the Next Generation Science Standards, shares his knowledge and enthusiasm with educators at the 2013 GIFT workshop.