The Bruno Martinelli Fellowship provides funding for Latin American science graduate students or early career scientists to attend an international meeting or workshop, and present a paper on volcanic processes. A fund supporting this fellowship was established in 2001 by colleagues of Dr. Bruno Martinelli, a Swiss volcanologist who worked in South America and personally provided travel assistance to young scientists.
Read the Spanish Version.
The American Geophysical Union is accepting applications for the Bruno Martinelli Travel Fellowship. This fellowship provides funding for Latin American graduate students or early career scientists born AND currently working or studying in Latin America or the Caribbean to attend and present a paper on volcanic processes at the 2013 ESC Workshop: Bringing geophysical volcano monitoring techniques to an operational level at the Highland Resort Tomohon near Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia, 8-14 September 2013.
Travel Grant application deadline: 15 June 2013
- Involved in volcano research or monitoring
- Currently a full-time graduate student or have received a Ph.D. within the last seven years
- Science graduate student or early career scientist born AND currently working in Latin America or the Caribbean
- Recipients are required to submit receipts for claimed expenses up to the amount of the award by 31 October 2013.
- Recipients are required to submit a brief (<300 words) report on the benefits of attending this meeting by 31 October 2013.