Applications Open: 13 June 2018
Application Deadline: 8 August 2018
Recipients Announced: Early September
The American Geophysical Union is proud to offer the David E. Lumley Young Scientist Scholarship for Energy and Environmental Science. This scholarship targets high school and undergraduate students. Its purpose is to inspire today’s young minds to work on problems of global importance in both the energy and environmental sectors of industry and academia.
They will receive an AGU travel grant ($500) to attend the AGU Fall Meeting and a $1,000 college scholarship provided by the David E. Lumley Scholarship Fund.
- High school or undergraduate student
- Interested in exploring or pursuing a career in energy and environmental science
- First author presenting a paper at the AGU Fall Meeting on the topic of energy and environmental science
- You must submit your abstract before submitting your scholarship application
- Personal statement describing how receipt of the scholarship will further career goals.
- Recommendation letter
- 2018 – Aleks Siemenn, University at Albany State University of New York
- 2017 – Chirag Kumar, Horace Greeley High School
- 2016 – Caroline Amelse, University of Rhode Island
- 2015 – Gurinder Nagra, University of New South Wales
- 2014 – Megan Behnke, St. Olaf College