Applications Open: 14 June 2017
Application Deadline: 9 August 2017
Recipients Announced: Early September. View this year’s winner!
The American Geophysical Union is accepting applications for the David S. Miller Young Scientist Scholarship for Undergraduate or Graduate Study in the Geo-Environmental Sciences and Geo-Environmental Engineering. This $1,500 scholarship is intended to encourage undergraduate and graduate students who exhibit inherent interest and academic potential in fields related to Earth sciences. Recipients of this award will be students who seek to build their own life’s philosophy around their science education, growing toward the ultimate goal of contributing to the betterment of the world.
Recipients do not automatically receive a Student Travel Grant for AGU’s Fall Meeting. Please visit the Student Travel Grant site to apply directly for a travel grant.
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4
- Undergraduates must have completed at least four full semesters of study
- Demonstrated financial need
- Documented interest and potential for high achievement in a career in the geo-environmental sciences or geo-environmental engineering
Not required: Attendance at the AGU Fall Meeting