AGU and JpGU will hold a joint meeting in Japan in 2017. Student attendees who are presenting an abstract and are traveling from outside of Japan are eligible for $1000US travel grants to the conference.
Applications Open: 31 January 2017
Application Deadline: 1 March 2017 11:59 P.M. EST
Recipients Announced: Late March 2017
- Eligible: high school students, 2 and 4 year undergraduate students, Masters’ students, and PhD students
- Not Eligible: recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Abstract reference number will be required on the application
- First author presenting a paper or poster
- Traveling to the meeting from outside Japan (may not be a resident of Japan).
Preference will be given to applicants from demographic groups who are underrepresented in the sciences. Applicants are initially rated for diversity and financial need. Applicants who pass the first round of selection based on those parameters are then reviewed on the following criteria:
- Students with sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses.
- Students who thoroughly answer the short essay questions.
- Applications must be complete and submitted before the deadline to be considered.
- If offered a travel grant, students are responsible for booking and organizing their own transportation and boarding.
- Grant recipients must physically check in at the conference in order to provide proof of attendance. Funds will not be dispersed until attendance has been confirmed.
- Grant awards are $1,000US for all winners and will be disbursed after the conference.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee and all other travel costs.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.