Applications Open: July 2018
Application Deadline: September 2018
Recipients Announced: October 2018
- Current early career scientist members of the American Geophysical Union, the Oceanography Society, or the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography;
- Eligible: scientists within 10 years of their terminal degree;
- Not Eligible: current students or career scientists who earned their highest degree over 10 years ago;
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Abstract reference number will be required on the application;
- First author presenting a paper or poster.
Preference will be given to applicants from races, countries, and genders which are underrepresented in the sciences. After applicants are rated for diversity, scientists who meet the following criteria will be selected:
- Applicants with sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses
- Applicants whose abstracts show scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields
- Applications must be complete to be considered and submitted before the deadline.
- Applicants must submit an abstract as first author and be presenting that abstract at the meeting.
- If offered a travel grant, awardee must check in at the meeting as proof of attendance.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee.
- Grant funds are dispersed to awardees after the meeting.
- Grant awards are $500 for U.S. attendees and $1,000 for international attendees.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.