Applications Open: July 2018
Application Deadline: September 2018
Recipients Announced: October 2018
- Current student members of the American Geophysical Union, the Oceanography Society, or the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography;
- Eligible: high school students, 2 and 4 year undergraduate college students, graduate students;
- Not Eligible: recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows;
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Abstract reference number will be required on the application;
- First author presenting a paper or poster.
Preference will be given to applicants from races, countries, and genders which are underrepresented in the sciences. After students are rated for diversity, students who meet the following criteria will be selected:
- Students with sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses
- Students whose abstracts show scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields
- Applications must be complete to be considered and submitted before the deadline.
- Applicant must submit an abstract as first author and be presenting that abstract at the meeting.
- If offered a travel grant, recipients must check in at the meeting as proof of attendance. Grant funds will be sent to recipients after the meeting.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee.
- No receipts are required as this grant does not fund any particular portion of travel.
- Grant awards are $500 for U.S. attendees and $1,000 for international attendees.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.