Virtual Poster Showcase (VPS) is a guided peer-review process and online presentation competition for Earth and space science students.
The Fall 2019 Showcase is now open! Abstracts will be due 1 October.
VPS Allows Students To:
- Practice presenting the relevancy and value of their research data
- Dedicate time to focus on enhancing (if not creating) their abstract and poster
- Experience the peer-review process in a low-pressure environment
- Connect with other like-minded students and experts from around the globe
VPS Showcases annually in the Spring and Fall and are broken into Undergraduate and Graduate level competitions.
- Gain valuable feedback on their research and presentation from peers and experts
- Expand their network
- Receive a certificate of participation
- Gain citations for their abstract (and CV) — automatically included in AGU’s archive and AGI’s GeoRef – the most comprehensive bibliographic database in the geosciences with over 4 Million references
- First prize winners will receive funding toward travel and accommodations, and registration to Fall Meeting 2020.
How to Submit
- Register/create VPS profile ($35 fee)
- Upload your abstract.
- Create video presentation about your research using a phone or camera; upload video and poster to the dashboard.
- Review posters other participants through the VPS dashboard and vote for the top posters.
- Respond to reviews and questions by science experts assigned to your poster.
- Once the experts’ scores have been received, the best-ranked posters for Undergraduate and Graduate level competitions will be announced!
With nothing to lose and everything to gain, we hope you join us!
QUESTIONS? Please do not hesitate to reach us at email@example.com.